H.M.S. Communications, Inc.
IC-M59 VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
- Frequency Coverage: Transmit: 156.025 -157.425 MHz; Receive: 156.025 -
- Usable channels: All U.S.A., International and Cnandian channels; plus 10
- Mode: FM(16K0G3E); DSC (16K0G2B; with optional UX-120))
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V DC +/-15% (negative ground)
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC):
- Transmit: 6.0 (high); 1.5 A (low)
- Receive: 1.2 A (max. audio); 350 mA (standby)
- Usable Temperature Range: -20°C~ to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
- Antenna connector: 50 ohms (SO-239)
- Dimensions: 166(W) x 70(H) x 175(D) mm; 6.52(W) x 2.75(H) x 6.84(D) in
(projections not included)
- Weight: 1.0 kg; 2.2 lb
- Output Power (at 13.8 V): 25 W (high); 1 W (low)
- Modulation System: Variable reactance phase modulation
- Spurious Emissions: Less than -70 dB
- Noise and hum: 40 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600 ohms
- Receiver System: Double-conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate Frequencies: 1st: 21.8 MHz; 2nd: 455 kHz
- Sensitivity: 0.22µV for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
- Squelch sensitivity (at threshold): 0.18 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70 dB
- Spurious Response Rejection Ratio: 70 dB
- Intermodulation rejection ratio: 70 dB
- Audio Output Power: More than 3.5 W with a 4 ohms load
- Audio Output Impedance: 4 ohms
Some versions cannot use all the options listed here since type approval for the IC-M59 varies between countries. Ask your dealer which options are available.
- SP-5 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: A large, external speaker for superior audio
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: A compact, external speaker. Features easy
- MB-28 FLUSH MOUNT: For mounting the IC-M58 to a panel. Available in
white or black.
- PS-66 DC-DC CONVERTER: Enables use of a 24 V boat battery. Input
voltage: 19 to 32 V DC; Output voltage: 13.6 V DC
- UT-79 VOICE SCRAMBLER UNIT: Provides 128 analog voice scramble
codes for private communications.
- UX-120 DSC UNIT: Provides the IC-M59 with DSC capabilities which
comply with U.S. Coast Guard proposal SC-101 for marine digital
- OPC-457 NMEA CABLE: For connecting a GPS receiver to send
positioning data with DSC calls via the UX-120.
The ICOM logo is a registered trademark of
ICOM, Inc. All ICOM radios significantly exceed FCC regulations limiting
spurious emissions. All stated specifications are subject to change without
notice or obligation.