H.M.S. Communications, Inc.
ICOM VHF AIR BAND TRANSCEIVERS
- Frequency Coverage:
- Tx/Rx: 118-136.975 MHz
- Rx: 161.65-163.275 MHz (weather channels)
- Tx/Rx: AM (6K00AE3)
- Rx: FM (16K0G3E)
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz
- Current drain (at 12 V DC, typical):
- Tx: 1.0 A
- Rx (rated audio): 240 mA; Rx (squelched): 55 mA
- Useable Temperature Range: -10°C to +50°C; -14°F to +122°F
- Frequency stability: ±20 ppm (-10°C to +50°C)
- Intermediate frequencies: 1st 35.8 MHz; 2nd 455 kHz
- Dimensions (projections not included): 57(W) x 170.5(H) x 37.5(D) mm;
2.25(W) x 6.72(H) x 1.48(D) in
- Weight (with CM-166 and antenna): 465 g; 16.4 oz
- Output power: 5.0 W (PEP); 1.5 W (carrier)
- Modulation system: Low level modulation
- Spurious emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Sensitivity (for 6 dB S/N): Less than 1.0 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (threshold): Less than 1.0 µV
- Selectivity: More than 8 kHz/-6 dB; Less than 25 kHz/-60 dB
- Noise and hum: More than 25 dB
- Spurious response rejection ratio: More than 60 dB
- Audio output power: 600 mW with an 8 ohm load
- BC-79 + AD-50 DESKTOP CHARGER + DESKTOP CHARGER ADAPTER: Rapidly
charge the CM-166 in approx. 1.5 hrs. An AC adapter is packed with BC-79.
The optional CP-13/L or OPC-288/L can be used instead of the supplied AC
- BM-112U/E WALL CHARGER: Rapidly charges the CM-80 or CM-92 in 1 hr.
and the CM-97 in 3 hrs.
- CM-166 BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 12 V; Capacity: 600 mAh. NiCd
rechargeable battery pack provides 5 hours of operation (at a duty cycle of
5:5:90/Tx:Rx:standby). Same as supplied with the transceiver.
- CM-167 BATTERY CASE: Holds R6(AA) x ten alkaline batteries.
- CP-17L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE: For operation and charging with a
12 V cigarette lighter socket.
- OPC-515L DC POWER CABLE: For operation and charging with a 12-15 V
DC power supply.
- LC-122 CARRYING CASE: Fits the transceiver with the supplied
- OPC-499 HEADSET ADAPTER CABLE: Allows you to connect a headset from
the David Clark Co. Provides the side tone function. Same as supplied.
The ICOM logo is a registered trademark of
ICOM, Inc. All ICOM radios significantly exceed FCC regulations limiting
spurious emissions. All stated specifications are subject to change without
notice or obligation.