HANDHELD VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Waterproof communications. The IC-M15
On the water, reliable communications is of critical importance; a life-line
to the outside world. Your boat may be seaworthy, but is your VHF handheld
transceiver? The IC-M15's rugged construction can weather all the demands of the
marine environment with the important distinction of being waterproof!* Add
simple operation with advanced features and you have marine communications that
won't let you down.
*Up to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes.
Waterproof with rugged construction
Waterproof protection over a die-cast aluminum frame provides the durability
and dependability you need in all situations.
All marine and weather channels + 24 memory channels and 1 call channel
You can operate on all marine and weather channels and store often-used
channels in 24 memories for easy recall and convenient scanning. In addition, a
programmable call channel is provided for instant recall of your
most-used-channel (eg. CH 9, the non-commercial calling channel).
A variety of scans
Four different scan functions are available: regular channel scan and memory
channel scan with both of these having a selectable priority scan function.
Choose your scan and find out what's going on around you.
Selectable dual watch/tri-watch
Dual watch monitors the distress channel (CH 16) while operating on another
channel; tir-watch monitors both channel 16 and the call channel while operating
on another channel. You can be sure of receiving important calls using either of
these watch systems.
Optional voice scrambler unit
For private communications, an optional UT-79 VOICE SCRAMBLER UNIT is
available. Both easy-to-install and easy-to-use; 128 scramble codes provide
privacy in communicating secret fishing spots, etc.
Other great features
- One-touch access to CH 16 & the call channel
- Power-saver function to save your battery
- Easy-to-read LCD with backlighting
- Lock function to prevent accidental input
- Powerful 5 W of output power
- Comes with battery pack, charger, antenna, belt clip and handstrap
- Frequency Range:
- All international VHF marine channels 01 to 88
- All U.S.A. VHF marine channels 01A to 88A
- Weather channels 01 to 10
- Mode: FM (16K0G3E)
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz
- Current Drain (at 12.5 V): Tx high 3.0 A max., low 1.5 A max
Rx max. audio 600mA, power saved (squelched) 15 mA typical
- Power Supply Requirement: CM-138 or CM-139
- Usable Temperature Range: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
- Frequency Stability: +/-0.0005% (-20°C to +60°C)
- Dimensions: 62(W) x 150(H) x 44(D) mm, 2.4(W) x 5.9(H) x 1.7(D) in (with
CM-138; projections not included)
- Weight: 460 g; 16.2 oz (with CM-138)
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms (unbalanced)
- Output Power:High 5 W; Low 0.7 W
- Modulation System: Variable reactance phase modulation
- Max. Frequency Deviation: +/-5.0 kHz
- Receive System: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne
- Sensitivity (12 dB SINAD): 0.35µV for 12 dB SINAD)
- Squelch Sensitivity (at threshold): Less than 0.3 µV
- Audio Output Power: 500 mW with an 8 ohms load
- AD-43 BATTERY CHARGE ADAPTER: For regular charging of battery packs
(15 hours). (Same as supplied.)
- BM-95U/E/V AC ADAPTER: Connects to an AC outlet for use with the
AD-43. (Same as supplied.)
- BM-103 DESKTOP CHARGER: For rapid charging of battery packs. (1 to
- CM-1 CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE: Connects to a 12 V cigarette lighter
socket for use with the BM-103 or AD-43.
- CM-138 BATTERY PACK:
- Rechargeable Ni-Cd battery pack. (Same as supplied.)
- Output: 7.2 V
- Capacity: 900 mAh
- Height: 57 mm (2.2 in)
- CM-139 BATTERY PACK:
- Rechargeable Ni-Cd battery pack. Long-life type.
- Output: 7.2 V
- Capacity: 1200 mAh
- Height: 72 mm (2.8 in)
- FA-S54V FLEXIBLE ANTENNA: Has an SMC type connector. (Same as
- MB-24 MOUNTING BRACKET: Hanger-type. For hanging the transceiver,
via belt clip, to the inside door panel of a vehicle.
- MB-25 MOUNTING BRACKET: Wall-type. For hanging the transceiver, via
belt clip, to a bulkhead or similar flat surface.
- UT-79 VOICE SCRAMBLER UNIT: Provides private communications among
members of a group. 128 codes are available.