HANDHELD VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Meets GMDSS specs. for survival craft
By 1999, all SOLAS convention ships operating internationally must comply
with the GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) carriage
requirements. These include specifications for survival craft handheld radios,
requiring a minimum of 2 sets of such radios to be carried on cargo vessels of
300 to 500 GT; and a minimum of 3 sets to be carried on cargo vssels over 500 GT,
as well as all passenger ships.
Prevents water entry for at least 5 min. at 1 m depth
Drop-resistant from a height of 1 m onto any surface
Long life lithium battery available
3600 mAh battery pack for 8 hours of use (Tx 10; Rx 10: Standby 80) at -20°C.
A rechargeable Ni-Cd battery is also available.
A minimum number of switches and controls with tactile feedback provide
- All simplex, VHF marine channels required by GMDSS
- High gain, durable antenna
- One-push selection of ch 16 and call channel
- A battery charger, battery pack, high gain antenna, belt clip and belt
strap are supplied with the transceiver
(A Ni-Cd battery only or both Ni-Cd and lithium batteries are supplied
depending on version.)
- Frequency Range: 156.3-156.875 MHz
- Mode: FM (16K0G3E)
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz
- Current Drain (at 7.5 V): Tx high 1.5 A, low 1.0 A; Rx max. audio 500 mA,
power saved 15 mA
- Usable Temperature Range: -20°C to +60°C; -4°F to +140°F
- Frequency Stability: +/-0.0005% (-20°C to +60°C)
- Weight: 515 g; 1.1 lb
- Output Power: High 2 W, low 0.8 W
- Modulation System: Variable reactance phase modulation
- Maximum Frequency Deviation: +/- 5 kHz
- Spurious Emissions: Tx 0.25 µV, Rx 2 µV
- Sensitivity (for 20 dB SINAD): 0.35 µV
- Squelch Sensitivity: Less than 0.3 µV
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Intermodulation Distortion: 68 dB
- Spurious Response Rejection Ratio: 70 dB
- Audio Output Power: 500 mW
- CM-165 BATTERY PACK: Ni-Cd rechargeable battery pack. Output: 7.2
V, capacity 1200 mAh.
- CM-176 BATTERY PACK: Long-life lithium battery pack provides up to
8 hours of continuous operation. Nonrechargeable. Output: 12 V, capacity:
- AD-49 + BM-95U BATTERY CHARGER + AC ADAPTER: Trickle charger with
14 hr. timer capability.
- BM-103 DESKTOP CHARGER: Used for rapid charging (2 hours approx.)
of the CM-165
- CM-1 CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE: Connects to a ship or vehicle 12 V
cigarette lighter socket for use with the BM-103 or AD-49.
- MB-24 MOUNTING BRACKET: Hanger-type. For mounting the transceiver
on the inside door panel of a vehicle.
- MB-25 MONTING BRACKET: Wall-type. For mounting the transceiver on a
wall or bulkhead.