H.M.S. Communications, Inc.
- Frequency Coverage (Rx and Tx)*:
- 400-430 MHz
- 430-470 MHz
- 470-520 MHz
- *varies according to version
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz, 30 kHz, 12.5 kHz, 15 kHz
- Modulation: ± 5.0 kHz, ±2.5 kHz (wide or narrow, selectable per channel)
- Usable Temperature Range: -30°C to +60°C; -22°F to +140°F
- Output power: 5 W (high) and dealer programmable low powers
- Spurious emissions: 70 dB
- Frequency stability: ±0.0005%
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): 0.35 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70 dB
- Spurious response: 70 dB
- Transmit distortion: 5%
- Transmit signal to noise radio: 43 dB typical
- Receive sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): 0.25 µV
- Receive audio output power: 500 mW at 5% dist.
- Current consumption:
- Receive: 55 mA (standby); 450 mA (max. audio)
- Transmit: 2.5 A
- Dimensions: 60(W) x 140(H) x 42(D) mm; 2.38(W) x 5.5(H) x 1.66(D) in
- Weight: 520 g; 1.1 lb
Measurements made in accordance with EIA-240D and EIA-152C. All stated
specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. Last updated 7/98.
INTRINSICALLY SAFE TYPE APPROVAL
There are versions that conform to intrinsically safe ratings of the FMRC
(Factory Mutual Research Corporation). Ask your ICOM dealer for details.
- Intrinsically safe: Class I,II,III, Division 1, Groups C,D,E,F,G
- Nonincentive: Class I, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D
- Connected battery pack: CM-141
- CM-140(Ni-Cd) BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1400 mAh;
Charging period: 110 min.(w/BM-96) 15 hr.(w/BM-97)
- CM-141(Ni-Cd) BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1400 mAh;
Charging period: 110 min.(w/BM-96) 15 hr.(w/BM-97); Intrinsically safe.
- CM-142(Ni-MH) BATTERY PACK: Voltage: 7.2 V; Capacity: 1600 mAh;
Charging period: 120 min.(w/BM-96) 15 hr.(w/BM-97)
- BM-96/BM-97 DESKTOP CHARGER: Desktop charger for the CM-140, CM-141
and CM-142. An AC adapter is supplied with the charger to charge a battery
pack from an AC outlet. BM-96: Rapid charge type; BM-97: 15-hr type.
- EM-81 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Provides convenient lightweight operation
while hanging the transceiver from your belt, etc.
- MB-54 CHARGER MOUNT BRACKET: Allows you to secure the BM-96/BM-97
DESKTOP CHARGER inside a vehicle. A strap is supplied to support the
transceiver during charging.
- UT-80 2-TONE UNIT: Provides 2-tone decode capability.
- UT-96 Provides 2-tone and 5-tone encode and decode capability.
The ICOM logo is a registered trademark of
ICOM, Inc. All ICOM radios significantly exceed FCC regulations limiting
spurious emissions. All stated specifications are subject to change without
notice or obligation.