H.M.S. Communications, Inc.
IC-F3S & IC-F4S
This information is taken directly off of the ICOM IC-F3S & IC-F4S
IC-F3S & IC-F4S SPECIFICATIONS
- Frequency coverage (Varies according to version) (MHz)
146.000 - 174.000
||400.000 - 430.000
440.000 - 470.000
- Mode: 16KOF3E (25 kHz type) 8K5OF3E (12.5 kHz type)
- Number of channels: 32 (16 ch x 2 banks)
- Power supply requirement: 9.6 V DC (negative ground)
- Current drain
||1.3 A (IC-F3S)/1.4 A (IC-F4S)
||0.6 A (IC-F3S)/0.7 A (IC-F4S)
- Frequency stability:
- ± 0.0005% (EIA)
- ± 1500 Hz (ETS/CEPT)
- Operating temperature range:
- IC-F3S: -25°C to +55°C (ETS/CEPT)
IC-F4S: -20°C to +55°C (ETS/CEPT)
- -22°F to +140°F (EIA)
- Dimensions (proj. not included):
- 57(W) x 140(H) x 37(D) mm
- 2-1/4(W) x 5-1/2(H) x 1-15/32 (D) in
- Weight (with antenna and battery): 390 g (13.8 oz)
- Output power: (at 9.6 V DC)
||5 W or 1 W
||4 W or 1 W
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Max. frequency deviation:
- ± 5.0 kHz (25 kHz type)
- ± 2.5 kHz (12.5 kHz type)
- Spurious emissions:
70 dB typical (EIA)
- 0.25 W (ETS/CEPT)
- Adjacent channel power:
- 70 dB (25 kHz type)
- 60 dB (12.5 kHz type)
- External mic. connector:
- 3-conductor 2.5 (d) mm
- (1/10")/2 k
Measurements made in accordance with EIA/TIA-152-C, 204D, 603 or
ETS-300-086 or CEPT T/R 24.
- Receive system: Double-conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies
||31.05 (IC-F3S)/46.35 MHz (IC-F4S)
- Sensitivity (typical):
|for 12 dB SINAD:
||0.25V (IC-F3S)/0.3 µV
|EMF: for 20 dB SINAD:
||0.63V (IC-F3S)/0.79 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (typical) : 0.25V (IC-F3S)/0.3 V
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70 dB (25 kHz type), 60dB (12.5 kHz type)
- Spurious response rejection: 70 dB
- Intermodulation rejection: 65 dB
- Audio output power (at 9.6 V DC): 500 mW (typical at 10% distortion with
an 8 load)
- External mic connector: 3-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1/8")/8
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or
- BC-110A/D/V WALL CHARGER
Regularly charges the connected battery pack.
- BC-119 DESKTOP CHARGER + AD-81 CHARGER
For rapid charging of battery packs. An AC adapter is supplied with the
charger. Charging time: 1 to 1.5 hrs.
- BC-121 MULTI-CHARGER + AD-81 CHARGER
For rapid charging up to 6 battery packs simultaneously. An AC adapter may
be supplied depending on version. Six AD-81's are necessary. Charging time:
1 to 1.5 hrs.
- BP-194 BATTERY CASE
Battery case for AA(R6) x 8 batteries.
- BP-195/BP-196 BATTERY PACKS
BP-195: 9.6 V/700mAh; BP-196: 9.6 V/1050 mAh
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE
Slim dimensions. Equipped with an earphone jack and a transmit indicator.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE
For operation while conveniently hanging the transceiver from your belt,
- HM-75A SPEAKER-MICROPHONE
Allows you to remotely select operating channels, etc.
- HS-51 HEADSET
For hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT and "one-touch" PTT
with a time-out timer.
- MB-51BELT CLIP
Allows you to attach the transceiver to your belt. Same as supplied.
- OPC-254L DC POWER CABLE
- CP-12L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER
Allows you to charge a battery pack connected to the transceiver via a DC
power source (12 to 16 V DC). For charging ONLY--the transceiver cannot be
- SP-13 EARPHONE
Provides clear audio in noisy environments.
- UT-80 2-TONE UNIT
Provides the transceiver with 2-tone decode capability.
- UT-96 5-TONE UNIT
Provides the transceiver with 5-tone encode/decode capability.
- UT-105 SmarTrunk IITM Logic Board.
Provides SmarTrunk IITM capabilities.
SmarTrunk IITM is a trademark of SmarTrunk Systems, Inc.
The ICOM logo is a registered trademark of
ICOM, Inc. All ICOM radios significantly exceed FCC regulations limiting
spurious emissions. All stated specifications are subject to change without
notice or obligation.