H.M.S. Communications, Inc.
IC-A4 SPECIFICATIONS AND OPTIONS
- Frequency Range:
- Transmit: 118.00-136.975 MHz
- Receive: 108.00-136.975 MHz
- Mode: 6K00A3E (AM)
- Number of Memory Channels: 19
- Useable Temperature Range: -10°C to +50°C; -14°F to +122°F
- Frequency stability: ±10 ppm (-10°C to +50°C)
- Power Supply Requirement: 9.6 V DC ±15% (negative ground)
- Current drain (at 9.6 V DC):
- Tx: (max power) 0.7A typical
- Rx (standby): 55 mA typical
- Rx (max. audio): 230 mA typical
- Antenna Connector: BNC (50)
- Dimensions (projections not included): 58(W) x 140.5(H) x 32.3(D) mm;
2-9/32(W) x 5-17/32(H) x 1-9/32(D) in
- Weight (with battery and antenna): 425 g; 15 oz (approx.)
- Output Power (typical): 3.7 W (PEP); 1.0 W (CW)
- Modulation System: Low level modulation
- Spurious Emissions: Less than -60 dB
- External Microphone Connector: 3-conductor 2.5 (d) mm (1/10")/150
- Receiver system: Double-conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies (1st): 28.95 MHz
- Intermediate frequencies (2nd): 450 kHz
- Sensitivity (at 6 dB S/N): Less than 1.0 µV (pd)
- Squelch Sensitivity: Less than 1.0 µV (pd;THD)
- Selectivity: More than 8 kHz/-6 dB; Less than 25 kHz/-60 dB
- Spurious Response Rejection Ratio: More than 60 dB
- Audio Output Power: More than 500 mW at 10% distortion with an 8
- External SP Connector: 3-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1/8")/8
- Battery Pack (varies with version)
- Wall Charger (varies with version)
- Belt Clip
BATTERY PACKS AND CASE
- BP-194 BATTERY CASE: R6 (AA) batteries x 8. Ni-Cd cells for this
battery case must be purchased separately
- BP-195 BATTERY PACK: 9.6 V, 700 mAh
- BP-196 BATTERY PACK: 9.6 V, 1050 mAh
- BC-119 + AD-81 DESKTOP CHARGER + ADAPTER: Rapidly charges battery
packs. Cannot be used to charge Ni-Cd cells in the BP-194. Both AC and DC
can be used to power the charger. The AD-81 is sold separately.
- BC-121 + AD-81 SIX PACK DESKTOP CHARGER + ADAPTER (up to six
required): For rapid charging up to 6 battery packs. Cannot be used to
charge Ni-Cd cells in the BP-194. Both AC and DC can be used to power the
charger. The AD-81s are sold separately.
- CP-12/L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER: Allows you to
charge the connected battery pack (13.5 to 16 V DC required). For charging
ONLY -- the transceiver cannot be simultaneously operated.
- OPC-254/L DC POWER CABLE: Allows you to charge the connected
battery pack (13.5 to 16 V DC required). For charging ONLY -- the
transceiver cannot be simultaneously operated.
- BC-110 A/D/V WALL CHARGER: Regularly charges battery packs. Same as
supplied with some versions.
- HM-119 SPEAKER MICROPHONE: Durable and full sized.
- OPC-474CLONING CABLE: Used for handheld to handheld data cloning.
- OPC-752 HEADSET ADAPTER CABLE: Allows you to work with most
aviation headsets. Provides a side tone function. This is supplied with some
- MB-68 BELT CLIP: This is supplied with some versions.
The ICOM logo is a registered trademark of
ICOM, Inc. All ICOM radios significantly exceed FCC regulations limiting
spurious emissions. All stated specifications are subject to change without
notice or obligation.